|Industry:||Construction / Property|
The Stewart Milne Group is one of the UK’s leading home builders, concentrating on building quality residential homes and commercial builds for a range of customers including government bodies, private and public companies, local councils and private clients. We have a reputation for high quality and innovation with a market leading position based on our expertise, innovation, quality and our commitment to providing the best service to our customers.
Our Timber Systems division is the leading provider of Timber Frame construction solution to the Private, Social / Affordable and Commercial / public works sectors. We operate throughout the United Kingdom and have two manufacturing plants, Witney Oxfordshire and Aberdeen Scotland, with regional offices in Glasgow and Manchester.
Reporting to the Factory Manager, you will be a key member of the manufacturing management team with responsibility for managing the materials and logistics functions to enhance our customer reputation for quality and on time delivery to meet business growth targets. We will offer you the chance to develop your skills further through our performance management process giving you the opportunity to progress your career either within the Timber Systems Division or across other Divisions within the Group.
The job holder is responsible for managing all materials orders into the factory and through production and supporting any involvement in the manufacturing processes, ensuring all costs are captured and kept within budget. Providing detailed stock reports and controlling Month End stock Figures.
To effectively manage the whole logistics process for all outbound deliveries. Forecasting number of loads required and maximise load space / geographical locations to minimise costs. Monitoring and highlighting any areas impacting on additional costs or any cost saving opportunities against haulage budgets. Ensure all Health, Safety, and Quality checks are managed to ensure safe manner for loading and unloading.
To lead, manage and develop continual improvement within you team. Identifying all training needs and process improvements for all individuals. Setting training and development plans for each member to meet departmental requirements. Set and define clear targets on a daily / weekly / annual basis and perform regular appraisals.
1. Develop, and through your team, implement a plan aligning each of the areas within your responsibility to achieve delivery of pre-agreed targets in:
2. Work closely with relevant departments within and outwit manufacturing, develop and implement a plan to deliver effective and efficient supply chain management; stock control and deliveries are complete to order & quality and timeous to customer requirements
3. Report to the Factory Manager full variance analysis and interpretation of KPI’s for each area of responsibility, clearly identifying mitigation of risk:
4. Develop and implement a plan that is communicated to your team to ensure pre-agreed targets for health & safety; quality; customer satisfaction and people skills/development are achieved
5. Recruit and continuously develop required skills within the team to ensure delivery of (1&3) above together with meeting divisional succession plan requirements
6. Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external project teams and contractors to maximise success of KPI’s within your areas of responsibility.
Essential Technical Expertise
Salary and Benefits
Stewart Milne Group is proud to develop our employees, offering career development and promotion opportunities across the Group.
If this sounds like the right step for your career, please apply via link or email email@example.com