|Industry:||Construction / Property|
The Stewart Milne Group is one of the UK’s leading home builders, concentrating on building quality residential homes and commercial builds for a range of customers including government bodies, private and public companies, local councils and private clients. We have a reputation for high quality and innovation with a market leading position based on our expertise, innovation, quality and our commitment to providing the best service to our customers.
Our Homes Division’s turnover target for the UK in 2018-19 is in excess of £150m across our three regions, North West England, Central Scotland and North Scotland. We have a reputation for delivering high quality homes in sought after locations. Through the expertise of our people, we are able to successfully deliver projects ranging from Brownfield infill developments & high density urban developments to large scale developments where we are lead developers ranging in size from 20 no units to 1500 no units.
Due to growth and expansion within our Homes Central Scotland Division, we are looking for a Construction Manager to join the busy Construction Team.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, you will be a key member of the project team delivering all operational activities through to development completion. You will have the opportunity to use your technical, project and people management skills to provide accurate programme information. A clear emphasis will be placed on health and safety; cost management against budget; customer satisfaction; quality and direct employee/ subcontractor management and development. Managing the operational team, the Site Manager will ensure effective delivery of pre-agreed targets for QHSE, people management and development, financial and operational performance, and customer satisfaction. Other duties include providing accurate and timeous project information, demonstrating variance of cost of additional works; prelims; dayworks; labour; plant and material to the Construction Manager. You will also build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external project teams to maximise success of projects and positively impact on customer satisfaction.
1. Manage your operational team to ensure effective delivery of deliver business plan and corporate targets for:
2. Ensure effective and efficient resource management:
3. Deliver accurate & timeous project information, demonstrating variance of cost of additional works; prelims; dayworks; labour; plant and material to Construction Manager
4. Recruit, motivate and continuously develop required skills within your team to deliver (1) and (2) above
5. Maximise the benefits of and deliver continuous improvement to current business process ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures at all times
6. Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external project teams to maximise success of projects within your area of responsibility and to ensure site presentation aligns with our corporate brand guidelines to maximise the potential to attract sales and enhance customer experience
Essential Technical Expertise
Desirable Technical Expertise
Salary and Benefits
Stewart Milne Group is proud to develop our employees, offering career development and promotion opportunities across the Group.
If this sounds like the right step for your career, please apply via link or email email@example.com